Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Gaza bloggers unite!

Ok, really it was just the lovely Heba and I, but I'll have to include my Aunt in the next picture.



You know Heba from her beautifully written blog Contemplating from Gaza.

Well we finally met up yesterday, and took our kids to play together in a local restaurant. Yousuf was a little shy (see: rude) at first, but he was quick to warm up and put the moves on her daughter.

Heba is thinking of stopping blogging so we have to all encourage her to keep going!

5 Comments:

Blogger pacmandogbert said...

I would agree to encourage Heba or anyone to continue to blog. It seems like the political boundaries that separate us disappear in the blog universe.

7:08 PM  
Blogger blackgirl on mars said...

Thanks for your blog! I have it as a favorite link on my blog...your work is VERY important!
Peace & Light,
lab

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After this note, I'm going over to Heba's blog -- just wanted to say that it is nice to see a picture of you both -- to see the faces of two women I admire, and whose words I enjoy reading, and from whom I learn so much. Where would we be without such thoughtful, conscientious sensibilities in the world?

Best to you!

Jessica

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laila, I'm a U.S. journalist interested in speaking with you. I am on deadline this afternoon, so if you can, please email me ASAP at michelle AT michelletsai dot com. thank you!

8:24 PM  
Blogger John Mullis said...

Marhaba Laila
I have been reading your blog for several weeks now and was delighted to get your referal to Heba's site too. You are both doing a wonderful job so please don't lose heart, especially when the going gets hard. We need to hear the whisper of the trough above the shouted propaganda we are continually bombarded with.
Ma'a Salama

John

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home