I am a Palestinian from Gaza. I am a journalist. I am a mother. I am a Muslim. This blog is about the trials of raising my children between spaces and identities; displacement and occupation; and everything that entails from potty training to border crossings. My husband is a Palestinian refugee denied his right of return to Palestine, and thus OUR right to family life. Together, we endure a lot, and the personal becomes political. This is our story.
- Name: Laila
- Location: somewhere between the seas, Gaza Strip, Palestine
Journalist, mom, occupied Palestinian-all packed into one.
- One cup just wouldn't it...
- Good till the last drop.
- Dumb and Dumber
- I'm dreaming of a Gaza Christmas...
- The banshees strike again
- Israel's terror tactics in Gaza continue
- Fear and terrorism: the Israeli war on Gaza contin...
- Yousuf enjoyed feeding the goats at a local pettin...
- Yousuf in the pumpkin patch at a local farm in Mar...
Friday, December 23, 2005